EDDIE MURPHY MEMORIAL SIXMILEBRIDGE ULTRA RACE 53 MILES



So this race was going to be my last ultra of the year.I was going into it still feeling the effects of the kerry way project and giant causeway ultras i had run 6 days apart,also a busy few weeks in work a 15 hour work day the day before 3 hours sleep all added up to me simple saying i was wrecked

I got there at 6.35 signed up had 20 mins to get into my gear and still had not eaten any breakfast.I had decided a few days earlier that i was going to go out strong and get as many miles down before i crashed but here is were something which surprised me happened i didn't tire i got stronger and started to lap people by mile 15 is was in 3rd place over all ad it was at this stage i decide to go for it.Now here is where my stunning wife who crewed me on the day was amazing she had drinks food and anything i needed ready for me every time i came round and she cheered me on it was this that motivated me even more.The laps started to fly by and i was enjoying it more and more ended up finishing  3rd overall and it turned out to be one of my best ultras i have ever run.     
We gathered on the start line at 7am after course instructions, and a minutes silence for those killed in the awful attacks in Paris the previous night, we set off.The course consisted of a one mile loop around the village of Sixmilebridge, with a small switchback at the start/finish area, where there were timing mats. 

The route started out on a long uphill stretch, with a left turn at the top bringing us onto a level straight, near the end of which was the short start/finish switchback, then another left brought us on a short downhill, before another left brought us on to the long curve of the uphill section again.

Comments

Popular Posts